HAPPY AT WORK???
I saw an article by Susan Heathfield last year on www.thebalance.com and it resonated with me. I wanted to share the highlights with you.
As this is the first month of the year what a better way to begin than to try and hit the ultimate goal, being happy. And as we spend so much time at work, happiness at work should be a key goal for all of us.
Below are the key points made by Susan and I have attached the link for the full article should you wish to read more. Happy reading.
- Choose to be happy – think about the positive aspects, mix with the positive people and spend time with people you enjoy being with. Remember, you will become who you associate yourself with
- Try and find something you love to do and do it every day
- Take charge of your own professional development – plan your development in line with your career goals and involve your boss to help you achieve them. Own it and be proactive.
- Build an internal network – build a strong internal network and use it for your communications so you know what is going on at your company.
- Feedback – ask for feedback from the boss outside of just annual reviews. Know where you are and this will help you own your personal and professional development.
- Avoid negativity
- Commit to what you can deliver, if you cannot deliver the bad news early doors so you do not carry the stress around.
- Make Friends
It may be that you look at this list and laugh. My objective is to get you thinking so you can make a plan so you can be happy at work.
My way of doing this includes having music whilst I work, reflecting on the things that went really well and speaking to lots and lots of people I like talking to.
We are all different, but we all want the same thing, happiness. This is just a sample but it is really about being aware of making the decision.
Get in touch with us – Ice Recruitment Limited